At Ability Assist, we uphold and ASPIRE to meet our core values in all that we do:
We stand up for people’s rights and freedoms to live the life they choose, free from discrimination, fear, and abuse.
We create opportunities for people with a disability to be active and full-fledged members of society.
We get people involved by providing them with opportunities for meaningful participation in their communities.
We don’t make promises we can’t keep, and we will strive to do our utmost to fulfil all our commitments.
We honour diversity, individuality, and humanity and respect people’s right to choose in everything we do.
We give people a voice, offer them freedom of choice, and provide them with growth opportunities.
As a trusted provider of disability services in Australia, we are dedicated to:
- Ensuring Health, Safety, and Well-being:Above all else, we prioritise the health, safety, and well-being of the individuals under our care.
- Compliance:We meet all NDIS-specific quality and safeguardsrequirements, adhering to all relevant Australian laws, rules, and regulations to maintain our status as a reliable disability service provider.
- Child Safe Standards:We adhere to Child Safe Standards to protect the welfare and safety of all the children we support.
- Safe and Nurturing Environments:We provide safe, secure, welcoming, and nurturing home environments for individuals of all ages.
- Empowerment: We empower adults, adolescents, and children with disabilities by promoting freedom of choice and decision-making.
- Inclusion and Fairness: We advocate for a sense of inclusion, fairness, and consistency for everyone, regardless of disability or complex care needs.
- Encouraging Independence: We encourage independence and boost confidence by creating opportunities for participation and social interaction.
- Life Skills Development: We enhance essential life skills through proper guidance and support, making daily life more accessible for people with disabilities.
- Staff Training: We regularly screen and train our staff to ensure their skills and knowledge meet the highest national disability service standards.
- Reporting and Accountability: We take a strong stance against abuse or neglect, promptly reporting any instances to the authorities and treating these cases with the utmost seriousness.
At Ability Assist, we are not just a service provider; we are your dedicated partners in fostering a supportive, inclusive, and fulfilling environment for all.
We stand united to promote and celebrate diversity.
Our Diversity Statement
“United in a Shared Understanding”
We take pride in an inclusive and unbiased workplace that nurtures and celebrates our unique characteristics, irrespective of culture, belief, age, gender, ethnicity, ability and background. With a shared understanding, we plant the seed of diversity that will harvest a core sense of belonging, inclusion, acceptance, ownership, respect, compassion and a mutual openness about what it means to be ‘unique’, what it is that makes our ‘we’ unique, and to ensure our ‘we’ delivers a high quality service to Victorian communities we serve, in times of difficulty, vulnerability and diverse change.
Written by Afakasi Muaiava
Support Worker at Ability Assist